- Solar Pool Heating System
- Hints and Tips
Hints and Tips
- Install a new swimming pool in a sunny location to absorb maximum heat from direct sunlight.
- Use a pool cover, high hedge or retaining wall to prevent strong winds from causing warm water to evaporate from the pool surface.
- Install a pool cover or blanket to reduce water evaporation by 95% and save heating costs by up to 80%.
- Reconsider including a water feature into your pool design, as fountains, wet edges and sheer descents waterfalls are known to reduce the temperature of pool water.
- When installing a new pool, allow provisions for solar heating down the track. This will prevent the cost and time involved in lifting up sections of concrete pavers or garden beds when you decide to install a solar system.
- Trim trees that overhang the pool to allow more natural sunlight to heat the pool. This will also prevent leaves from clogging your filter and potentially damaging the pool’s interior.
- Improve the performance of your solar pool heating and extend the swimming season even longer by installing extra absorber area on the roof.
- Combine your solar pool heating system with a pool heat pump to either extend the swimming season or all year.
Solar Pool Heating Facts Book
A buyers guide to selecting the correct solar pool heating system.
(100% Free – Instant PDF Download)
*Your privacy is important and your information will not be shared